Thursday, February 28, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

I Love Granola! Recipe =) that is GF and NF!!

 That's right! I made it! I created it! I can brag about it, because it is rockin' awesome delicious! Even our 18-year-old son, Ethan, was eating it! I am allergic to two main food items...gluten and nuts, so, guess what is in most granola products?! Nuts and, of course, gluten. So, I went through many recipes and then headed to my pantry to see what I had that I could through into the pan.

 Then after I baked and allowed the granola mixture to cool, I stored it in a air tight container. I have a feeling that it won't last very long...Better stock up on more of the ingredients lol...

Now for the recipe...

I Love Granola! Recipe
that is Gluten-free and Nut-free...

2 1/2 cups old fashion oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (cheaper in the produce section of the grocery)
1/2 cup whole flax seed (found in the produce section)
1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon roasted quinoa
3/4 cup golden raisins (more if you want)
3/4 cup dark raisins (again, more if you want)
1 tablespoon milled flax seed
1/4 cup of real local honey

Mix all these together in a large mixing bowl, coating everything supper well.
For the really brave ones, put on some gloves, get your hands in the mixtures and 
massage the mixture until it is all well blended.
Spray an iron skillet or baking sheet with cooking spray.
Pour the mixture evenly into the skillet or baking pan.
Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
The mixture should be dry and crunchy, so time may vary. 
Remember, I used a toaster oven lol...I have a makeshift kitchen right now...=)
but it will grow up to be a real stove and oven one day...lol...
You can also add: 3/4 cup of dried cranberries for an amazing color at the mixing stage...

Happy baking...
Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment