Monday, February 18, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Stamp and Organizing Idea...

 To say I have a LOT of stamps, both wood mount and clear, is to say...a girl has a lot of makeup, jewelry and shoes. Well, I guess, I'm not one of those girls, but I do have a lot of stamps. I haven't dismounted my wood stamps because I got these really cool wood racks off ebay a million years ago and love love love them. Plus the stamps look absolutely beautiful on the wall. I just don't have the heart to separate any of the fabulous feeling I have looking at all of them. So, I can I be a good steward of using them...so glad you asked.

 I pulled some of my most used inks and started stamping the images on cardstock using my small trusty cutting board which I carry with me just in case the surface I am using isn't stable for stamping. Then I place the sheet of cardstock into the organizer for my stickers/paper/embellishments for that themed stamp. Thus, I use that stamp. I have several images stamped, ready to go or to share. If I need more or stamped in a different color ink, I am reminded that I have that image and can easily pull it. Perfect. Done. Better steward of what I have. Plan to do this with my diecutting images too.

What is your way of organizing stamps? I could use all the advice in 2013 in getting my studio and art supplies organized...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment