Sunday, October 16, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Saturday's Scrapping for Cure Crop and Classes

 OMGosh!! This is always one of my favorite events!! Rachael McGuire and her sisters always host the greatest events, but their hearts are in it because they are raising money for Cystic Fibrosis. Rachael and husband, James, have a daughter with CF and we are helping them help the CF Foundation find a cure.


However, I think WE the scrapbookers at these events are getting the most out of the events...wait till you see what is in that bag!!!


 More of my stash...I can't travel light lol. When we arrived at the event which was at Madison Square Mall in Huntsville Alabama, there were people to unload our vehicles! I have never been to an event that did that! I was like "WOW"!!! I had a lot too...My friend Judy is a veteran...she can do it in one sweep, not me. I have to take it all "just in case I might need it" you know, you have been there! =)

 These were the classes that were taught. The instructors donated their time and materials to teach the classes.I will share my creations and MY interpretations lol because mine didn't come out quite like those in the photographs, they never do. One thing is for sure, I learned some awesome techniques that I will be using over and over again, like the folding for the pinwheel on the card using a punch, the mosaic layout (OMGosh, ,I am in love with that), the ornaments will be great for our Special Ministries class, and well, you can guess who taught the mini composition notebook class...=)...

 We had tshirts that rocked...loved the black which made the purple pop...I am looking forward to the April retreat already...it is going to be such fun...

 A few of the participants/hosts chatting and getting set up...I have gotten so close to these people and there is always room for more who love to make cards or scrapbook...all coming together because we love paper and want to raise money for CF...

 Tons of coupons were in my goodie bag...I can even use them later after the event which was rockin' awesome...
 We had wonderful papers and embellishments in our goodie bag from amazing contributors. The list was very long and very appreciative as to who all donated to this event from the room to what you see here.

 Judy Hardwick, a mixed-media artist and scrapbooker working on a project for her son's new home. She is very talented and a mentor that inspires me and encourages all that she comes in contact with.

 Ah...me...pretending to work...playing and talking more...I come for the classes and to hang out more than working, but I did get several pages of the Heritage Cookbook Scrapbook done and I am very pleased with the continued work of that project. However, I do have some photos I want to work on as well. Now that I have learned the Mosaic scrapbooking technique I want to use that on my photography photos and play at some of my crops. =)

  A new friend and I waiting for a class to begin. She was so quiet and sweet. We hardly knew she was even at the crop. Her page won one of the contests of the day. A very up and coming artist.

 More of our classroom...bright lights, beautiful...we had a great space and many came in to get information about CF, what we were doing and about area crops. It would have been a great time for area demonstrators and businesses to have been there and shelled out their cards and goodie packs to possible customers and so forth...I would have done that for them for some items I so want ((hint, hint, for the future lol))

 A touching moment for all of us as we watched this video and Rachael as it played. Nobody knows how life works with a patient who has CF especially a child who has daily treatments and spending weeks in the hospital. This is a good reminder and glimpse of why we come together to do this several times a year. I so love this family!! I appreciate the hard work they do for everyone battling CF.

 I won!!! Yes, I saw this on the door prize table and immediately sent up a prayer that I would take this home and I did!! it is an original painting and the artist is from Cullman, Alabama. It will go perfectly in my house...
 
 My mess getting ready for a class. I LOVE LOVE LOVE classes and even teaching! There is so much to learn and so much to gain from others. Is it not fun to be a part of that? Oh and all these classes were part of our $40 fee which all went to CF...

 Judy trying to follow directions while I was talking and taking pictures...I am so thankful she puts up with me!!
 (((Happy Dance))) Bobbie, do you see Snoopy poncing his feet??? I may not be so flower challenged after all...but who knew it would only take a zipper to get me to make a flower!!! LOL...loving it...
 
Then the icing on the cake was when I won yet another door prize...this diva picture frame! I will put our group photo in it for sure! I had such a great Saturday and needed it very much. It was a wonderful break from all the cleaning I had been doing. Thank you, Rachael, for hosting such a wonderful opportunity and reason for all of us to come together and to Judy, for participating with me...we had a great time, did we not!!

Hugs,
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment