Friday, October 21, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Brasterpieces with The Painted Bra Project

OMGosh...I was so excited...
first to be at this event...
second to be at Lowe Mills...wow...

The entrance was well lit with pink lights
and pink ribbons...

This beautiful quilt will be given away in May
after months of tickets are sold in honor of
the local Liz Hurley Foundation...

Many artists and businesses donated for the
door prizes and silent auction...

Oh, my teenage years are coming back to me now...
so loved KISS...

Many attendees...it was such an honor to those who
have battled breast cancer...

These delicious ladies were so cute!
I told them they should offer to have their pictures made
for $1 and then tuck the money in their bras! =)

More amazing art work...

Loving the way they displayed the painted bras...

but where is mine? I can't find it...

Elegant!!! 

The metal bra that had already reached a high bidding...

Again, amazing elegance...but where is mine?

I would so wear this whole thing!!
Loving it...but...where is mine... 

Michael's, one of my favorite stores,
was there to show their support...
((happy dance))

Anna Smith Braden was the artist that
came up with this whole idea...amazing and talented!

...but where in all these amazing creations is my painted bra??

I loved this one too!!!

We searched the whole area twice, looking everywhere but
didn't see my painted bra anywhere! I was about to go ask someone
when Jerry and I turned around and...I screamed!!!!

"THAT is MINE!!" I was so excited to see
it so elegantly featured!! WOW!!!

The smile doesn't compare to the feelings inside!
To know the testimonies and stories of all the people
that worked with this project and painted who have experienced
this disease and shared more than I did with paint and time...
it is humbling...

The food was amazing...

We had a variety and plenty to chose from as well...

I asked Rich to surprise me and did he...
I had an organic hot dog and the most
tender piece of steak that I have ever put in my mouth!
I know, not vegan...but hay...

We met so many wonderful supporters of this project...
all here united in one effort...

The bread maker certainly inspired us...
we brought home Rosemary Bread and 
our friend Suzanne got Black Olive and Chipotle Bread

Our sweet friend, Suzaane, and the bread makers...

My amazing girlfriend, an amazing chef and artist I might add, Suzanne Mills,
Anna Smith Braden, creator of The Painted Bra Project, and me...
I told Anna that I was going to tell everyone "I touched her!!!" lol...

Tshirts and posters were available to continue
the support and bring awareness of breast cancer
and The Painted Bra Project...

Liz Hurley spoke. A breast cancer survivor and
very inspirational. For those of you locally, you also
know her as one of our favored television anchors.

Adored the table decorations!

The decorations for the evening were so elegant...

Lowe Mills is amazing after dark...

How beautiful...the Lowe Mills Tower lit in Pink...

Just one more look...

Well, maybe one more...

To all those who have known breast cancer,
I made this one for you...
I love you and thank you for inspiring me in every way, every day...
To my cousin Lisa and Grandma Newton, I dedicate this art to you...
Hugs, 
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com
**next year, I paint my hair pink...=)

0 comments:

Post a Comment