Monday, October 17, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Altered Chalk Board Project

 Saturday, I participated in Scrapping for a Cure the group that raises money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. As part of our participation fee, we have various classes throughout the day that we can take if we wish. Well, honies, I am all about the party so you know I took ALL the classes =)...


 First we stained the sides and back of the frame and even the inside edge against the black board. The only thing I might do differently on my next project is paint the black board first with magnetic black paint so that board can be versatile used as a chalk board or a black board.

 Then the scrap paper was placed on top of the chalk board, adhered with modge podge, one of my favorite mediums.

 Then gently cut the inside of the chalk board portion out so that you can once again see the chalk board portion. Then lay the board upside down on a cutting glass or mat and cut the outside edge off as well. I extended my blade out where the handle was resting on the chalk board thus it cut much better for me.

 After the trimming was down, I took my scissors and roughed up the inside edges of the paper and then added more modge podge to the paper before removing the tape from the chalk board.

What do you think? Adorable, right? I stamped the image "time to..." from a page layout I was working on and added that myself. It just seemed to fit the project. The flower just made the whole thing pop...The ribbon hangers brought out all the rustic colors of my papers adding the shabby chic look I love...I think I will make some of these for Christmas gifts. It just makes me smile to look at it...I loved this project...

Something else that makes me smile are the memories I have of my dad...Happy Birthday, Daddy!! He would have been 85 today...I love you, Daddy...Thank you for encouraging my artistic talents...

Hugs,
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment