Monday, October 10, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

My first EVER attempt at Hair Bow Making!!! Can you spell F-U-N!!!

First, I can hear ya'll! "Why on heaven's earth is our Ms Rita taking a hair bow class when she has all boys?" LOL, even my dog is a boy, well, a cross dresser but still a boy!! Well, I took a class last week with my friend, Beth, and this is called the Birthday Hair Bow. Crystal, taught us to make the curly ribbon quick and easy...I will have to blog the how-to's later but it was super fun. I loved making the bow portion of this bow. 

 This was the Christmas Hair Bow and I love love love the little tiny bells in the center of the buttons! They are adorable! The sample we were shown, had the ribbon slightly smaller than I made mine but I thought with practice, I should be able to make mine that way too...

 This was my favorite!!! It was made using the Big Shot, a flower die cut, which if you know me at all...I was in my element! I love my Big Shot and all my dies, spray starch then an antique looking brad, glue gun and a stick pin... Who-la, a cute lapel pin!! I loved this!! I will use this on my paper arts for sure!!! I even thought of a quilt design using this too....

 These little hair clips were rockin awesome! I thought of adding these to my purse or even my own hair and actually did at the class! They would be perfect down the side of a jacket too. Not just for a little girls hair! They were just as easy to make as the others. Can you believe we made all of these in just a couple of hours? That was with tutoring and lessons too! I was like, "Wow!" and then we made this one...

I had all kind of ideas of what we could add to this cute flower! I had it huge by the time my classmate sitting next to me and I finished making ours lol...I thought of poking in feathers and fluff to make it fatter...I was put this on my head and just felt diva all the way down to my toes!! I will wear it for sure!! I have a great-niece but her mom is making her bows. I had no idea until my classmates who have daughters told me that they have to have bows to match every outfit and this pink might not match the shade of pink in that outfit. I never thought much about that sort of thing before, but it makes since. I like my nail polish to match what I am wearing and that goes for my jewelry and so forth, don't you? Now, I like making hair bows...I will make the sacrifice...

Hugs,
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment