Saturday, January 22, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycling a Coffee Cup Sleeve into Mini Scrapbook Albums...

For each of the three mini albums...
...I used 5 coffee cup sleeves or collars from Starbucks, but any brand will do...

Depending on which design you wish to make, think about where you need to cut the coffee cup sleeve...
or leave them in tack, seal the bottom and make tags to insert at the top...
or seal the top and bottom, cut the side and slide the tags out of the side...

Then decide how you want to bind the mini album.
I have made notebooks using these and used the bind-it-all too.
Here I punched two holes (in all the styles I made) and added 2 rings...

This is how I positioned them for the baby mini scrapbook album...
 

For the vintage album, I added a piece at the seems to cover the fold...
it worked very well for all the pages and looked more vintage...

For the Valentine's Day mini, I made the pages on the left tri-fold and left the
corrugated board...I loved the effect...
For the binding I used ribbon instead of rings...

For the baby mini, I cut the sleeves in half and decorated each one...
and used rings for the binding...

I wanted everyone to see that recycling the unexpected gives you more freedom of expression in your creativity. It is amazing and the feeling of the whole process is unexplainable in words. I think here the work speaks for itself. Also, I will be doing a live tutorial on how to make a mini album out of coffee cup sleeves so stay tuned to my twitter page or Facebook for the details. Visit my gallery for more photos of these mini albums...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

6 comments:

Becky said...

Great Mini Albums Rita!

Unknown said...

Great job.

Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

blogs said...

If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. click here

Unknown said...

Wonderful post Dear………keep posting!!
Promotional cups with logo

aaaaaaaa said...

Thank your guests, employees, and customers with our stylish, functional, and affordable Custom Mugs. Attract new business opportunities.imprint.com

asher00 said...

A printer is a common and practical electronic device you will find in different environments like homes, schools, offices, etc. Whether you own a bulky laser printer, a lightweight, portable inkjet printer, an all-purpose printer, or a single-function printer, you are going to have to dispose of it at some point. It may get out of order, or you may want to upgrade to the latest, more sophisticated model. Whatever the reason may be, you need to figure out responsible ways how to dispose of old printers. Learn about printers disposal ways

Post a Comment