Wednesday, January 5, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Love with a Heart Like His Shadowbox...

"Love with a Heart Like His...Personal Reflections" by Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs
Using an old book, I altered it adding some of my favorite things that I love...

 I added love in the form of family photos, 
metal, clock pieces, key, bird cage, tea pot, vintage blingy button, 
fiber, paper flowers, butterflies, crochet cotton lace, faith, books and beads...

I started to paint the book, but loved the cover tremendously...
I got this book at a thrift store and it was in really great condition...

I left the raw edge of the side pages in the book untouched...
I totally loved the rugged edges of these pages, they look torn...

Last week, I watched ArteDar as she showed many of her altered books
and I was inspired...so I had to create this book. 
My faith is deep and vast for I have walked paths that have led me to trust
Him in all and with all. It was amazing that my first altered book shadowbox would
reflect that and the things I find inspiring and love because of His love for me...
Rockin' Awesome...totally love it...
Watch the video of this book on my Youtube Channel...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC
Remember2Recreate+Reuse+Recreate=Rockin' Awesomeness!!! =)

1 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow I love love love this....what glue did you use for your pages? Thanks for the inspiration...I have been wanting to do an altered book forever...
Perfect find for your project...just perfect!
hugs
Brenda

Post a Comment