Monday, July 4, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycling plastic container into a WOW!!! Paper Project!!

I needed a visual element for the
children's time at church to show how
God can take something ugly/unusable
and make it beautiful/handsome/usable
and this came to mind...I made it in about
20 minutes using scraps...

I added bling to the lace to make it pop...
I wanted the lid to have the 
embellishment and accents as well...


I added the circle to the inside of the
lid too and ribbon to the outside edge...

The flowers, lace, and ribbon around
the paper edge just made it pop...

I added a Tim Hotlz ticket and a 
beaded stick pin that I made prior
to the project. The large brad has copper
toned glitter and I left the flowers white...

The large tag is from 7Gypsy's...
I just tied a string around the top of the
container to hold the tag. It covers the
back seam nicely. =)

Quick/simply and a great way to 
house a gift for a friend or to display
something on your desk...

A top view of the creation/container...The button
called for the flower/bling don't you think? =)

The whole creation just makes me 
SMILE =) Happiness screams...

I need to find more of these tiny flowers...
they were in a RAK and I don't know who
they were from...

The scripture I used during children's time was in reference was to the potter taking the yucky ugly clay and creating a beautiful piece of pottery and how it has to be refined in the fire. So I used Jeremiah 18:6 which says, "Like clay in the hand of the potter so you are in God's hand." How true that is...I love creating with my hands and making something out of nothing, recycling things that are cast aside into something beautiful...I am so honored God has blessed me with that talent. If there was an art show like the FoodNetwork show "Chopped" but in the basket giving me items to recycle into art, like these in featured in these photos, I would be in my element, happy and complete. I love what I do as an artist. 

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}} for a Happy July 4th!!!
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment