Wednesday, July 13, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycled a Purse into a Baby Mini Scrapbook Album!!!

This is one fun project!! When I saw this purse hanging in one of my favorite thrift stores, it just screamed "mini scrapbook album!" So, I saved it for a few months until I couldn't stand it any longer! The tile cover is one piece, hand stitched so I had to be careful not to break the tiles and not to cut the stitching. It worked out perfectly to have three rows of the tile as the spine and leave the remaining tiles as the back and front. The handles were in great shape so I polished them and left them with them as part of the mini album. The purse portion was pretty dirty so I threw it away but kept the zipper head and part of the zipper to use on another project later. I loved the papers which came from two previous projects that I worked on sometime last year and horded them until just the right thing came along and THIS was so it...I loved it!!!! This is so stinkin' cute and adorable!!!

Love, Blessings & {{{Hugs}}},
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

1 comments:

Becky said...

Rita...this is just adorable!!! What a great find!

Post a Comment