Monday, July 25, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

I have discovered a new purpose in crocheting...

Can you say, "WOW"?! Yes, You Can!!
Even the fiber loves it because it is "Espresso"...=)

 I really enjoy crocheting and it is odd that during 100 degree temps of the summer that I would pick up fibers and decided to make something much less get inspired to REALLY create several items from a single book! Well, that is just what happened. I was in the book store one day, flipping through magazines and crochet just inspired me that day. After not finding anything I wanted to make in the magazines, I went to the craft section. I gathered all the books they had on crochet, which stacked pretty high, walked by customer service and informed them that if someone was looking for that particular subject, then just send them to the cafe. =)...

It was then that I found authors Janet Bristow and Victoria A. Cole-Galo's book "The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion". The colors and stitches within the books just spoke to me but not in the theme of the book, I just wanted to make the shawls to learn the stitches. So, I had Caron's One Pound Espresso Fiber that I wanted to use and the first pattern was Rita Glod's "Original Crocheted Prayer Shawl" and was perfect to begin with.

When I began working on the pattern, several saw me and asked about the project. Someone in my family said to me one day, "We know someone that is going through a really serious crisis right now and she might could use this if you would like to give it to her." I immediately brightened and was thrilled with the idea! I knew exactly who I would ask to bless this shawl for our friend, the WINGS ladies group at our church! They are prayer warriors!! Perfect...God was working in this I could feel it...He was bringing the positive thoughts and prayers together and happiness was filling my being and my fingers as the stitches flowed...I now had a new purpose in crocheting...

Now, since making this one, I have progressed halfway through my second prayer shawl and the positive thoughts have flowed to whom it will go to and I pulled fibers for two more shawls and the patterns I thought of from the book when I saw these colors are the perfect match in weight for the fibers. Can you tell I am excited!!! The sentences are running on and on lol...

I have many creative interests and mediums. I can encourage others through them as well. So, I pray God will use them as well. So, please say a prayer for the person getting this Espresso Prayer Shaw that she will have courage, strength and feel hugged in prayers with this prayer shawl.

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment