Tuesday, February 1, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Charming it up for Mardi Gras

"Charmed Mardi Gras" charm by Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Does this little mask charm not just make you smile?

Oh wow! When I signed up for the charm swap on the beach, I wasn't sure how to even began. Now on my fourth design, I am loving every moment of creating. I joined to get new charms for my personal creations like mini albums, but then I thought I so wanted on for my Nook and my purse, thus the creating began. I love the deep purple and green of these beads and combined with the gold, all I can think is I need earrings to match now. =) All of these elements are from my stash, I didn't have to buy a thing. The mask charms were from a swap and the fiber was also from my stash. The beaded charm has a claw clasp at the top and measures approx. 3" in length.

When I made this charm collection, I thought of the colors representing Mardi Gras and what they meant. The purple is for justice, gold is for power, and green is for faith. I thought how symbolic these were of the faith that lives within our beings. For it is in our faith that we find a more precious jewel that can't be measured in material things of this world. We are rich in love, peace, hope and joy, things that can never be bought with a materialistic price. For faith in God is worth far more than precious stones. Then I thought of the Proverbs 31 woman who clothed herself in purple. We are all created in His image and for me that is a precious gift when the uniqueness and creativity come together to make each of us who we are, although individual, we are still made of Him.

Please check out my store for more beaded charms and other creations. I am using my stash and pleased that I found a great way to use my beads.

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC
She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. 
~ Provers 31:22, the Bible's Proverbs 31 Woman

1 comments:

Eve said...

Wow Rita this is so beautiful and I love your message it is so inspirational.
:D

Post a Comment