Wednesday, February 16, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Destiny's Journey Mini Scrapbook Album

I fell in love with this theme the minute a travel theme was requested...
I used papers from SEI and My Big Ideas along with embellishments I had in my stash...
The cover is creative, fun and simply delicious with earth tones and blues...
ove love love the Tim Hotlz door knobs and the gears/watch pieces. The bling is prima.

The charm I made using some beads that I wanted to move on...they worked perfectly here...
I also added the cute charm that spelled the name of this mini album...cute...


For the page on the left I recycled a package from Michael's $1 bling for a photo spot and added some mesh that is used in sheetrock repair from the hardware store (thanks, Judy!) and my love for keys...
The page on the right is a folded pocket that has a piece of 12x12 paper that folds out into 17 photo journaling spots that I have left blank other than adding accent squares...I am not about to fold this out but for the video lol...so be sure to watch for it on my youtube channel lol...

I kept these two pages fairly simple again using the mesh and a bingo card that was absolutely perfect for this mini album...I will use 2 more of them in this mini album. Behind this bingo card is a tag pocket where more travel fun can be housed...

The front of the tag...OMGosh...I made this tag front from a piece of paper that one of our scrapbook hosts (thank you, Edith) gave me after she demo'd a neat spray and a stencil that I will show you on the video...

The back of the tag is simple and can house photo/journaling...

This is an OMGosh moment...places for photos/journaling here and...

...here...is that not cool beans! Wow...lots of real estate...I am so loving it...

The tag on the left folds out, giving 5 places for more photos and journaling...
the bingo card is an insert between the pages, once again giving more photo/journaling space or to simply leave as is...lots of possibilities with this mini album which is what I like...

here is the inside of the tag that I distressed and glimmer misted...
there is room on the back of each flap too...

The page on the left is the back of the bingo card that I simply left blank...
the page on the right houses yet another tag that folds out...
btw, did you see the hinges on these sweeties...loving it...

Again the tag folds out giving more photo/journaling space and more on the back flap...

I will show the tags for these page son the video, but I made a cute pocket for each
and then made separate pockets for the tags on the sides...
yet again, more real estate to share the travels and journeys to come...

This mini album is going to Africa...Imagine my happiness and squeals of finding the pages in this collection with Africa on them!! Wow...So I put the page down and got one just like it, clipped the edge out and popped it up to house the tags...then once again, there is a bingo page insert...

The tags to the left are from 7Gypsy's and then I covered the backs of each...
However, after reading my blog from yesterday, where did I get the design shape for the tag to the right?
Loving it...=) Recycle, Reuse, Recreate...my theme 4ever...

Finally, the back page where I left plenty of room for photos/journaling for this adventure. 
I popped up the journaling spot that is from 7Gypsy's and the letters just rocked this page...

I left the back as is other than distressing it and glimmer misting it, which I did to all the pages and tags so that photos could be added even here or maybe an envelope with fun memorabilia of the adventure...
It has been a privilege to make this album for my new friend...

Be sure to visit my youtube channel to see more details to this project...AND to learn what I used to make this album...promise, you are going to love the foundation...

Love, Blessings & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful mini album, love it. You do such beautiful work.

Post a Comment