Tuesday, February 15, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

TAG you are it!

This weekend at the scrapbook retreat, I made several tags from the scraps of my projects...
This one is "time travel"...can you guess what it is made from?
Hint: it is recycled of course...oh and the doily was from the restaurant under my water glass =O

This one is titled simply "&" because I had to ask the gals if they had an & sign I could use for it =)...
I didn't have a stapler with me so I pinned the lace/ribbon/charm on...

"the I's have it" tag

"play it again" tag...I totally love this lace, the clear buttons I added paper to, the safety pin...
I Glimmer Misted the lace too...

"key to bliss" tag

"certifiably happy" tag - I adore the 7Gypsy card in the center...

"playing post office" tag
The mesh I got from my friend Judy is actually used to repair sheetrock from the hardware store =O

Making tags is fun but recycling my scraps in another work of art wins the Rita's Rockin' Awesome Award hands down! I use to buy tags until I made a chipboard template using the #8 measurements. It has saved me money while recycling the elements onto everything from cereal boxes to children's book pieces left over from projects. I also double my thickness when the base of my tags are thin, this is true in all my mini albums or scrapbooks. I want all my elements to withstand time and handling.

Now, did you guess what some of the smaller tags were made from? Ok, I will give you the answer...I recycled the cardboard from the bling packaging I get from Michael's on their $1 aisle. =) They make neat tags too. I used on in my newest creations, the Destiny's Journey Mini Album...loving it. I think I will give myself the Rita's Rockin' Awesome Award! =O Visit my gallery to see more tags I have created...

Love, Blessings & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

1 comments:

joyce rodli said...

how fun! I take the doillies toooo. *grin*

Post a Comment