Tuesday, December 14, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Altered Composition Notebooks...

Today I altered two composition notebooks for holiday gifts. For this one I used earth tones beginning with the paper (thanks, Judy), a vintage photo print (thanks, Melissa), Tim Holtz hardware, a couple of mismatched flowers with fall leaves from the dollar store and vintage buttons. I love the feel of this cover because it gives a ray of energy and happiness.

This is the inside of the front cover. I like to finish out my composition books, they look crisp and clean that way. The added pockets and tags give additional places to write notes or favorite quotes or Bible verses.
 I kept the same theme going on the back cover again with pockets and tags. The back cover is the same green that is used on the front cover.

This altered composition notebook scream vintage, does it not? The paper again is beautiful by itself (thanks again, Judy) and the mismatched flowers along with Tim Hotlz hardware, vintage buttons, bling, the back of an ATC card where the front isn't completed (thanks, DeDe) and features sticking out the top. I do love, absolutely love the rhinestone vintage button, I am looking for more of these.
The inside carries the vintage theme with an edge to it. I loved this paper because of the daisies. I also added pockets and tags to the inside covers....
 On the back inside cover I added two tags to the side pocket rather than one. I wanted to use the remainder of the scraps wisely so I added them here.

I have made a video, just need to get that edited and then I will post it on YouTube. I really look forward to giving these as gifts. It is fun to make notes and write grocery lists in something that looks like this rather than just plain old pieces of paper LOL. =)

Love, Blessings, and {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

2 comments:

Scrapacat said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

These are amazing Rita! I totally love what you created for gifts!

Post a Comment