Monday, December 26, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

My Holiday Mini-Scrapbook Album...

WOW! So love these colors...when I was going through all my "hoarding" stuff, cleaning out, I found several Stampin' Up! Christmas kits from a few years ago. I don't know what I thought I was going to do with them but I flagged them for this holiday season. Guess what? I only used two of about six that I have in my stash AND wait until you hear what all I have created with just two kits...

First, this project...I used a children's book...four pages...
sanded down the edges after cutting the book apart...

I don't know if you can see the price, 
but I paid 29cents for this book and made
two...did you read that!?! TWO mini albums
from one book!!!!

This is one of the kits I used and still had
paper left over...

Again...this is the cover of the mini album and I only used
the kit to create this mini album, adding only the ribbon
and the charm made by my friend, Tara...

Pages 1-2 with a tag out one side and photo spots with
a journaling spot on the right page...

I didn't distress either album because I wasn't sure if
the people getting either were scrapbookers or not.

The first scrapbook, similar to this one, was a commissioned
piece. This one was a gift...Thus, I couldn't share the
project until AFTER the holidays...so very sorry...so
file this for next year!!! 

LOVE THESE PAGES, WHY?
Because the green background pieces are recycled bling
tags from packaging!!! Behind them are pockets for
more tags which means....

....thus, more space for journaling and photographs...

One can never have too much space for those things! AND...

Surprise!! More space on the very same pages!!! 
Loving it...

I reinforced the edges to make them durable...

I also left the center of each open so that
the edge of a photo or something could
be tucked inside the reinforcement edging...

These kits had such pretty diecuts too...

The kits didn't come with the bling...
I had to add bling, you know me...=)

Love the colors and vibrancy of all the elements...

I used so much of this kit and still have 
so much of it left over...

Very pleased with the results...

Sweetest reindeer ever...

Fibers and beading add to the special
features of this album...

With these two kits, I made four shadowboxes, two mini albums as I mentioned, covered several mini-composition notebooks that I will show you tomorrow...I may start this week on next year's projects before putting the holiday papers away LOL...loving it...

Hugs for the coming New Year...
Rita



0 comments:

Post a Comment