Monday, December 5, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Chalkboard Dipped Wine Glasses...Is that right? Hmmm

I saw this on Pinterest and had to give it a try...but I have already found a better way to do the whole process.  You will need wine glasses, of your choice, chalkboard paint like that in the photograph, masking tape, a large screwdriver, parchment paper, forget the plastic container (thought I would need it but I didn't), scissors, chalk and twine plus bling or rhinestones if you want them and Glossy Accents or clear glue. So let's get started on this fun amazing project.

Tape the stems of the glasses wherever 
you want the paint to stop...
the next set I do, I am going to the base of the glasses...

Stir the paint up really good all the
way to the bottom of the can...
I got this can which was in a box at WalMart.

Dip the glass into the paint...

Allow the access paint to drip off...
about a minute...

Place the glasses on parchment paper.
Leave them for 2 hours or until dry...
I left mine overnight...perfect...

My husband wanted to see what one
looked like after about an hour...thus the ring...=)

This is what mine looked like upside down even though they were dry...

I clipped the access paint off the edges...

Rolled the sides of the glasses on the parchment paper
to smooth out the edges where I had clipped the access paint...

Done...

Hubby playing with the camera =)

Chalk and the glasses waiting for embellishment...

I added a piece of chalk to two of the glasses
going with a bottle of wine...

I added bling/rhinestones to the edge of the chalkboard paint
for a little sparkle using Glossy Accents to make them
secure...

Our gift includes a bottle wine
from our miracle bush, two glasses with the
creative unique touch where their names can be
written on the base and a delicious handmade card...

What a lovely gift...

No gift from me is complete without bling lol...

...an added touch!! 

Loving it...

Any glass could have the added bonus of chalkboard paint
and no more mixing up drinks regardless of what is in them...

Handmade cards are always a treasure...I love making them...

So, I made these glasses in just a couple of hours on a Saturday night and finished them up before church on Sunday morning. Although, I don't care for wine or beer, I won't apologize for it.  Everything takes responsibility, I just need to learn it when I purchase bling, cardstock, ribbon, embellishments, etc lol...Enjoy...I hope you too can find ways to make beautiful gifts this holiday season for your friends and family and your neighbors. 

Hugs, Rita




0 comments:

Post a Comment