Friday, December 30, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

A 12x12 Shadowbox of My Grandparents Newell's Photographs...

 I truly love creating the 12x12 shadowboxes! In this one, I used a set of photographs of my mother's parents, Israel and Dissie Heath-Newell for this project. I feel like I am preserving the past in a special way when creating these frames and even more so when I add memorabilia inside.

 I had the photographs enlarged to 5x7s and then displayed
on a sheet of 12x12 scrapbook paper. Then I added extra
pop up dots to the photo of both of them so it popped on the page.

Vintage buttons and some silky flowers add the feel
of heritage to the page...

I can't create a mini album or a 
scrapbook layout without adding bling,
I won't apologize for that LOL...
Have you seen my glasses?!?!

Embellishments don't have to be costly
when working with these layouts either...
use what you have or treasures from the family...


I cut this piece of swirl from the 
original larger embellishment at the
top of the 12x12 layout page...

Loving it...
Hugs, Rita
Happy New Year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment