Wednesday, July 7, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

My latest idea...good or bad?


Well, this photo is an obvious a witness that I can crochet! However, I am trying to crochet black flowers for my Welcome Home Mini Album.  I used to filet crochet often, following the name patterns and even made collars, but to do a doily or something similar using the small thread and needle, just wasn't me. Now that I am getting ((gulp)) older, I can't seem to hold the thread any longer.  It was a good thing, right?  To at least try something like this? Now, I wonder...

My mother taught me to crochet when I was in junior high school. It was a rainsy Saturday, I had nothing to do and there wasn't much on cable (yes, we had cable) except children's shows on PBS. So, mother offered and I accepted. History was made that day! However, no matter how hard she has tried, I can't grasp the doily patterns. So, the older I get the more I want to make one, at least one.

It's like the fruit cake I wanted to make once, that's just it, I only wanted to make it once. I decided that day that nobody likes making fruit cakes, they do because of the fragrant liquids that go into the fruit cake. As with the fruit cake, I don't think I will give up on crochet these flowers...it just may not be this mini album that enjoys them. =)

Love, Blessings & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an honor to your Mother. The memory of her teaching you to crochet and the things you've been able to create. Awesome.

I laughed out loud when I read "Now that I'm getting ((gulp)) older..." And your fruit cake attempt was delightful.

Love and hugs - Leslie

Darcy Marshall said...

Hello! love that crochet, so vibrant and neat. i can just about crochet, but cannot follow a pattern. My great-grandmother taught me to knit, I can clearly remember sitting by her watching her.

I have been watching laura's ustream videos for follow the paper trail, and i am sure on one it said there was a facebook page but I cannot find it, do you know if it is still on facebook? thanks, have a great week.x

Post a Comment