Sunday, January 19, 2014 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Roasted Soy Beans are Perfect

We love these crunchy Edamame, cooked and shelled, of course, but the are also called soy beans. Until I found them bagged in my grocer's freezer section, I enjoyed them on salad bars at restaurants. Now. I buy them ten bags at a time and put them in the freezer. Why? They are a great source of protein, a great snack, listed as a power food on my daily menu, are packed with energy, plus they are simply delicious. Top them on salads, pastas, chips, or... Popcorn!

I first roasted the soy beans at 450 degrees for 20 minutes on parchment paper, sprinkling them with a little fresh ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground paprika, and ground pumpkin. Then mixed a package of Clancy's Guilt Free Popcorn, a cup of black raisins, a cup of golden raisins, tossed it all together in a large mixing bowl. Then I roasted the batch in the oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Done. I bet sunflower seeds would be great too! Hot air popcorn would be better for you and cheaper than packaged popcorn too. The point is...healthier, gluten-free, nut-free, fat-free, and...power packed! Yum totally counts!

Aldi's carries the popcorn for $1.99 a bag, but making your own is always the best...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment