Friday, September 24, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycled Magazines into Bags...

 
This week, I have been cleaning house one room at a time. I found lots of magazines throughout, so I kept the arts and craft issues, set aside some for donating to local nursing homes and waiting rooms and then set aside the rest for recycling or shredding. These are three of the bags that I have made using magazine pages and packing tape. The one on the left is the first one I made and was very pleased with the out come. The one in the middle is a clutch purse made during my ustream show this past week. The one on the right only needs the handles added which I will use from an old purse that the bottom has seen better days. I have already sold one like the first one I made, which enabled me to make more. =)

This is the clutch which has a vintage pearl with gold trim button decorating the outside of the bag.

I added snaps to the inside to secure the closure.

Inside there is a divider panel to create two compartments inside the clutch. 
I made this clutch during a live streaming show.

This is the inside view of the bag on the left, the first one that I made. I added 4 pockets to the inside, measuring my cell phone, favorite pin and notebook to make sure they fit nicely inside.
I did add some embellishments to the outside of the bag after I took photos. Lace, decorative ribbon, both made the purse really beautiful.

The bag on the right has some cute embellishments and bling added to the sides.
I filmed the making of this bag on my Stickam site.

More bling added to the other side of the bag. Once I add the handles, 
I will be donating this bag to a friend's community studio for auction at the grand opening.

This was such fun to make. I hope you find ways to recycle, reuse and recreate.
Watch for a coming video showing in detail these awesome bags.

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

3 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

i love this - I did not know you were on last night - I would have joined!

Deni said...

Rita you are just so clever!!!!!
I havent worked out your ustream times as yet!
Luv to join!!!!

joyce rodli said...

Just wanted to say how kewl this is and I just got done watching and you have my brain zipping around with a few ideas. I clicked on Eveline's you-tube after blades show and now I am making plastic/paper beads from grocery bag plastic that I have glued to paper and painted.Happy happies Rita.

Post a Comment