Monday, September 20, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Beautiful Box with Handmade Matching Cards & Envelopes

This was such a wonderful project to make and timely as well. I made this in one day, 10 handmade cards all from scraps, 10 handmade matching envelopes all inside a matching box, shaped like the old fashion cigar boxes.
The box came in white from Michael's and needed very little done to it. I did spray it inside and out with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist before adding the papers and embellishments. The doily I bought for 99 cents at a thrift store, but didn't include it with the gift box and cards that went to a friend's Secret Sister.
I used flowers handmade by Tammy Beaver and hardware from Tim Hotlz and Stampin' Up. The butterfly was embossed and layered using a Martha Stewart punch.  The lace and ribbon were scraps from my stash as was the paper I used for this cards.
The closure was totally fun for me. A simple ribbon with a bullet button and hanging from the swivel clasp is an old earring piece that I had saved from a broken set.

I added a cute die cut with ABC/123s to the inside laying over the handmade envelopes. This was from the packaging Tammy sent with the flowers. Recycle, reuse, recreate is my theme! =)
I hope you have enjoyed my newest creation. You can see the video on my youtube channel also. Thanks for stopping by and remember to make gifts for others giving them a creative touch of uniqueness and love.

Love, blessings, & {{{hugs}}},
RHC

2 comments:

Deni said...

That is so beautiful Rita!
How are you doing?
Missed seeing you at Lauras Ustream on Saturday!

spatch said...

These are a definite "make" and gift. Lovely idea and design!

Post a Comment