Tuesday, June 29, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Ribbon spool rolls into a great adventure...

Well, maybe it isn't your traditional ribbon spool but it is a lace/ribbon cardboard spool none-the-less.  Our local Wal-Mart has downsized their craft section and added many crafting items to a clearance section. I found a lot of things I could use especially lace and ribbon. So, I took the item off the roll, placed it in a small plastic bag and stored it with my other ribbons and lace. When I looked at the packaging, I got the idea for a mini album. I added patterned paper to both sides of the cardboard roll, there are two per roll, and then added a ring at the top and embellished the front cover. That is all there was to it and I have a functional mini album. To think this little cardboard could have gone to the trash, instead it has a refreshing new life.

You can visit my YouTube channel to watch this and other ways I have recycled, reused and recreated, plus some items I have made using new materials as well.

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I wish I could find something like that at our Wal-Mart. Great job Rita! :D

Post a Comment