Sunday, June 27, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Fortunes Cookie Proverbs worth keeping...


My son, Ethan, is the king of loving Asian food. For the past fifteen-years of having this boy in my life, we have visited many restaurants and collected many proverbs from the fortune cookies we have received.  This mini is a reflection of some of those small pieces of paper.  The covers of this mini were done months ago when I was giving a try at using Mod Podge...I totally loved the look. I learned how to do this from this amazing artist at www.youtube.com/WhatYouMakeIt1 and loved getting messy with Mod Podge. I put these pieces away with plans to use them someday...well that day came.  The covers is just some pieces I pulled to play but they worked really well with this Fortune Cookie Desktop Flip Mini.  The charms hanging were made by Kay at Toodles & Binks.
  
I used scrap paper and scrap embellishments for all of this mini. Each page is sanded down and the edges are white washed with white acrylic paint. The pages of this mini are all from two children's books that had the spine and pages damaged.  I find these at thrift stores and yard sales.  I love to recycle, reuse and recreate every chance I get. The button was given to me in a swap and fit perfect with this theme.

This page has some lace and fiber running from each ring and eyelets at the bottom. Simple but creative and unique. I think this is such a sweet page.

This and that grace this page. I used items from my tiny embellishment junk drawer and scrap paper.  Fibers can always bring out the best in a page though and I was pleased with the results.

More fun elements exist on this page. I used a diecut I found while cleaning and added bling and glossy accents inside the glass. At the top I added glossy accents and some fine glitter.  The ribbon rolled gives the paper the pop it needed.  I used things in this mini that were special to me and I wanted to keep.

I totally love the colors on this page. The fiber is tucked sweetly behind the lace that had ribbon woven through it. Then I added a brad to the end which just brought in a bit of green element to the page. The colors blended well together.

This was a fun page as well. The ticket was sent to me in a RAK as was the green button laced with fibers and the sweet rose just made the page pop completely. 

This was my "home" themed page. The tiny diecut of a house and the sweet flower just offers so much comfort and peace, both you should find in your home. I love the little humming bird just above the diecut taking flight...my son, Garrett, loves his hummingbird feeders. It made me think of him...

Once again, a uniqe way to add fibers to a page! Then I added pieces from the Maraposa chipboard collection. The butterfly and the bird are two of my favorite pieces of any collection.

This was my favorite pages. I love the simple country blue paper with the tattered proverb and the sweet colors of the flower accented with fibers from behind it. The tiny hat pen was made for me by Lyla and the bird chipboard piece is from the Maraposa Chipboard Collection.  Beautiful and bright is how I think of my southern personality.

A recycle with in a recycle would be the theme of this page. The paper is from the packaging of Tim Holtz embellishments. I added Glossy Accents to the swirls and some bling.  Then I added the twisted rope as a creative accent. 

Totally adore this page. Where would we "B" without our beliefs?  I added so much to this tiny page, including, a tab I punched out for a Stampin Up punch, a letter "B" from my scrap ABC/123s, a fence diecut from a stirofoam plate I received in a swap, a stick pin bubble bea, and some lace.  This page has so much and defines it all as the proverb states.

 This page is just sweetly beautiful. I love the lace, the flowers, the trim, the button. I aded things to this little album that I wanted to keep but yet look at all the time. I appreciate the gifts I have recevied and I thought this mini shared that in small ways throughout the pages.

Finally, the back cover. Where would we be without Love. I added some cute elements to this page as I was playing with Mod Podge, like the rusty washer inside the diecut flower, the button and the "love" chipboard. One would never guess that this mini was created from worn and damaged children's books that I picked up at a thrift store would they?  I sanded each page and removed the battered spine to create this cute flip mini filled with treasures in word and elements. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did creating it.  Visit my YouTube channel for more fun projects.

Love, Blessings, and {{{Hugs}}},
Rita

2 comments:

TrulyMad said...

Rita, what a nice album! You know what else is FANTASTIC to mod podge down? Old stamps from a collection! I have found two old stamp collections at garage sales over the years, but you could easily find some on ebay, old stamp collections and left overs. You can also go to Michaels, there are stamp grab bags and mixes you can use to decorate your minis and cards and pages!

Anonymous said...

Girl....you have me about to run out the door and head for home. I've been reading your blog posts and looking at what all you have created and I so want to be home now and in my craft room. You are inspiring!!!!

Love your work.

Love and hugs - Leslie

Post a Comment