Tuesday, June 8, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

What I am working on this week...

This week has had the creative juices flowing! I am so excited and can't wait to show you the Father's Day mini album and the baby album I have been making...however, you will have to wait until I finish them!! On my YouTube channel, I made "Something Blue" that holds some special treasures for the bride to be which is my friend Micki's soon to be daughter-in-law.  So, here is an album I made recently that I think you will enjoy and may recognize the design as Laura Denison's at Following the Paper Trail. She is a gifted artist in her own right. So, enjoy my version of the wedding album...

One of my favorite techniques that was used is the binding where the rings are inserted through the spine to hold the pages in place. On the spine and covers, I used paper from my friend Gina in the Netherlands. I love this paper very much because the colors are so vibrant and beautiful. This wedding album isn't for beginners I am afraid to say, but many of the pages can be adapted to other minis. I used fabric on the front under the flowers and cardstock to cover the back.

On the inside cover is a simple card that when pulls out opens with plenty of space to journal or to add photos. The pocket could even hold special items from the wedding. The first page holds a photo spot that I dry embossed and added K and Company butterflies, love these. The pages are secured on the ring with tabs made from a flower punch and added just on the edge of the page.

This fun interactive page is one of my favorite. Leftinng the veil there is a photo spot or journaling spot and all of this is attached to a pocket for more wedding treasures to be stored.  The next page holds the wedding train and each layer, but the top, pulls down to where a photo spot or journaling spot can be placed. I added bling to the details of the train.  Btw, I didn't grunge, distress or use glimmer mist in this album, as hard as it was to hold back. =)

On these pages, there are plenty of journaling and photo spots with each pocket holding a tri-fold pullout that has nothing but beautiful space. Behind the wedding rings is another pocket holding a tag as well. The photo or journaling spot behind the flowers also pulls out giving more space for written or photo blessigs.

The tux is a treasure I have enjoyed making. Behind the jacket and buttoned portion is a pocket with a tag inside and the top forms the color for the layout. When you open the jacket another tag is in place. I saw similar layouts like this page on SplitCoastStampers.  The next page is a basket filled with tags with flowers on the edge, easy to pull out and put information about attendants or more photos and journaling. 

Once again in these pages house more space to write or add photos. I feel this is important for a wedding album because there is so much you want to treasure about that special day.

I really enjoyed making these two pages. I must say, I had to finally tell myself to "stop" adding flowers and bling to the cake!! The first page opens and there is a blank space for photos or journaling. The cake has pullout tabs behind each layer to give more space for wedding treasures. I punched out all the flowers and used lots of bling.

Once again more space to add photos and journaling. Also, the decor elements on the left is suppose to represent the garter. I didn't have a lace punch to I used decorative scissors to create the edging.

The back card is one of my favorite withint this album, but I am jumping ahead fo the left page. Here I created more journaling and photo space or a pocket to house more treasures. The back cover has a pocket to do the same while holding a card representing the couple going away on their new love and new adventure.

This is a view of the front, back and spine. I did glimmer mist the flowers and plan to add more fibers to the rings. This was a fun album to make.  The pearls down the front is a simple strand that I added. The stamped image is mounted on a piece of chipboard rather than popup dots due to the placement of the piece. This album will get handled and used, I wanted it to stay in place. =)

I really enjoyed making this album with Laura on one of her live shows, but there are elements I will do differently next time so that the album will be more functiona, fun and a little...grungy maybe. Then I thought of another not so traditional wedding album. My son's friends got married at the courthouse...they didn't want a traditional wedding, so I have some ideas for them as well. I hope you enjoyed this glimpse of the wedding album designed by Laura. She is a talented artist and it helps my creativity to follow talents like her.

Stay tuned for the Father's Day mini album, finished, just waiting on some charms to arrive that I ordered to go with it AND the baby album...I am having such fun creating. I am also working on another crochet beaded necklace in bright colors and gold. There is also another steampunk piece of jewelry that I am working on this week. So, have a great day of creative fun and rememeber, may God bless you every day in every way!!

Love, Blessings, and {{{Hugs}}},
Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment