Wednesday, September 13, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Turkey Burger Sliders with wine sauce recipe


I stand constantly amazed at today's technology. Where once, Granddaddy, watched the football game on local network television and listened to it on a local radio station, now, you can watch it through cable or via your phone. There are multiple apps that you can use to get scores, watch the actual games, several at a time matter of fact or get the highlights. It is interesting how things change. One thing that hasn't changed is food. With football games, I associate hot chocolate, blankets and pom poms. That is what we always carried to local games, but then there was food afterwards. Now, for as long as I can remember, college football has brought the halftime party. Here once again, we added Turkey Burger Sliders to the weekend's menu. Mini burgers that we put inside of gluten free biscuits! I know, can't image, but it was the perfect size and my family loved them more than the tiny rolls I could have bought. Added the  homemade slaw and fixing to the burger and it was a hit!


Turkey Burger Sliders 
with Wine Sauce Recipe

3 lbs of ground turkey
1 large bell pepper, chopped finely
1 large onion, chopped finely
1 egg. beaten slightly
1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs (gluten free)
1/2 teaspoon each: cilantro, black pepper, garlic

Wine Sauce
1/2 cup red wine
2 tablespoons of bbq sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Mix the meat well and make into small mini burger. Grill or place on a broiler pan and bake at 375 degrees until well done. Remove and place in a baking dish. Whisk together the sauce ingredients well and pour over each burger. Put in the over for ten-minutes. Serve hot.

This makes a great meatloaf too, but I do make more of the sauce to cover the meatloaf really well. Thinking I will try this in a shepherds pie as well. There are so many ideas going through my mind as I share recipes with you. I love cooking now that I have a full kitchen. Living with a two-eye burner, microwave, and a toaster oven for five-years really has made me appreciate this gift that God has blessed me with. There are many reasons we eat at home, it's healthier, saves money, but the main reason is because I am loving having a kitchen. I look where God has brought Garrett and I from and my son and I are so blessed and thankful. I think of that song that has a phrase, "If you could see where He brought me from to where I am today, then you would know..." God is always enough regardless where you are at and He will see you through even when you are afraid He isn't working, He is.


0 comments:

Post a Comment