Thursday, September 14, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Easy Peazy Potato Salad Recipe


Potatoes. They are a staple in a lot of homes. When I was growing up, fried potatoes was on our supper table almost every night. It use to frustrate my mother that she could cook or bake almost anything better than anyone else, in my opinion, but fried potatoes. My grandmother made the best fried potatoes ever. I don't know what she did different, but when she saw us coming, I got two things, her fried potatoes and a huge vase of flowers. I loved her so much and sitting on their porch swing with her, talking about everything was always the best. 

When I make anything that requires boiled diced potatoes, I boil my potatoes whole, skin and all. The pealing slides right off easily once the potatoes cool. Then I can cut them any way I want. This is a great way to make twice baked potatoes too. Once you have boiled the potatoes and peeled them then you can make the potato salad...told you that this would be easy!

Easy Peazy Potato Salad

4 cups of boiled potatoes, diced
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1/2 cup celery, chopped finely
1/4 cup dill pickle relish
1 tablespoon mustard (I like the honey flavored)
1 container of fat-free sour cream
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all the ingredients together and serve cold. My son, Garrett, likes to warm the potato salad. It is an individual preference I suppose. Regardless, it is "supper" easy to make. If you have extra potatoes, they freeze easily. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment