Monday, September 4, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Andrea's Fat-Free Tex Mex Dip Recipe


Do you have those friends in your life that prove themselves the definition of a friend? I realized the definition of friend in reality when it was shared through a scripture perspective during a study of 2 Corinthians in the Bible. Paul is writing a letter to the church at Corinth telling them about unity, forgiveness and so forth. However, through references elsewhere, the passages ties together the depth of what a person is to do...listen, encourage, support, no gossip, be unified, grounded in what is righteous and godly, balancing all on what God says...what God says in His Word. I experienced that, but it was after my life-experience when I realized there were four people, all women, in my life that did just those things. They stood strong with me the last two-years of my marriage, knowing all that I was going through. I removed the veil of reality I was living in and followed their advice even when my marriage ended with my husband walking away. After that these same women were there and have been. It was said in just a few words, "A friend stands closer than a brother," but that friend needs to be standing firm on the Word of God and, to be honest, if they are, they won't be any room for the enemy to take advantage of the situation because these same friends will call account again based on the Word of God. 

So, now, this one of the four ladies, is Andrea. She is fantastic! Although we are on different sides of the fence when it comes to football teams, she Auburn and Mr. Garrett's house, Alabama, as Garrett says, "We have to love them anyway," lol. I was having coffee with Andrea, making my grocery list for the week, when she suggested this Tex Mex Dip to go with Tortilla Chips. She texted me the recipe and I had to make it. I sent her the photo of the results and have no idea if that was what it was suppose to look like, but it certainly is delicious. I have some other ideas for this dip so keep watching! So, get some tortilla chips warmed and let's dip!

Andrea's Fat Free Tex Mex Dip Recipe
(The original recipe wasn't fat-free, so I adapted)

2 cans fat-free refried beans
1 cup fat-free mayo
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 package gluten free taco seasoning
1 small can chopped black olives (only fat, so optional)
1/2 cup onion, chopped finely
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced super small
2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese

Directions:
Using a 9x13 glass dish, spread refried beans evenly in the bottom. 
Mix mayo, sour cream, and taco seasoning together well, then spread on top of refried beans.
Top the taco mix spread with half of the olives, onions, and tomatoes.
Add the cheese on top of the pretty veggies.
Place the remaining veggies on top of the cheese.
Serve at room temperature with warmed tortilla chips. 

I am thinking this will be great on top of bake potatoes too! Maybe I am leaving the fat-free zone lol. How about on top of steamed cauliflower? I am thinking pasta too! Maybe I am just ready for more dip...loving the fall and football season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment