Wednesday, December 5, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Chicken Pot Pie with Thanksgiving Leftovers...

 Well, ok, maybe it has been a few days since Thanksgiving BUT I did make this on Monday after Thanksgiving using a good bit of the leftovers from the food I fixed on Friday of the Thanksgiving weekend. You can pick from a long list of vegetables and meats as well to make this, but I used what was in the fridge so nothing went to waste. Then the next day, the remaining...hit the soup pot. Done. So...here we go...

I  used to pre-made crusts. Then I took 2 cups chopped cooked carrots, sweet potatoes, and red onion. Then I added 1 cup each of kernel corn, chopped roasted mushrooms, acorn squash, wild rice, plus whatever else I saw I wanted to throw in. I added 3 shredded chicken breasts to the mix along with 1 can of cream of chicken soup which was low fat, low in sodium. Then I added 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon each of parsley, minced garlic, cilantro and 1/8 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper. Finally, add 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce for chicken. Mix everything together well and pour into pie shell. Cover with second pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for one hour. Remove from oven, spray top with fat-free spray butter, place back in the oven on broil for 5 minutes, watching so it won't burn, and then remove and serve.

Yummy...
I make this using a large can of mixed vegetables
and chicken then all the spices and wet ingredients...
Delicious anytime! My family loves it...

Hugs, Rita
Today is our third son's birthday. He has been in Heaven even before birth.
We celebrate the moments of pregnancy, knowing that the short time we had
were treasured moments...play well, play sweet, play forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment