Wednesday, August 31, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Rejoicing Art Journaling

First, LOL, I have decided that my concrete floor in my new studio only needs to be sealed! I think I will be too rough on it with painting, art journaling, etc! I was spray painting some news paper to create my own paper and sprayed a little on the concrete...I loved the look!! However, for this page, I didn't use spray paint...as much as I thought about it =)  I used several layers of paint and then found a wall stencil to create the background design. I stenciled it using water based ink and then added the die cuts around the clipping from a desk calendar that I wanted to create a page around. When I finished the page, I glimmer misted the whole project and, once again, just as it did on another page I created during this art session, the water based ink I used on the stencil background, ran! I loved it! It gave a unique background making the die cuts totally pop!!

The theme of this art journaling page is "Rejoicing..."

Love, Blessings and {{{Hugs}}},
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com
www.artjournaling.ning.com for more of my art journaling pages

1 comments:

Becky said...

Wonderful Art Journal Page!

Post a Comment