Monday, October 18, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Tile Art using Unglazed Tiles

I am so excited about all the possibilities surrounding decorative tile!! I plan to make a series similar the one above for a wall mural in our home. The earth tones are symbolic of our life as a family because of our love for living within farmland and hayfields as well as living among family, four generations to be exact. Not to mention the earth tone elements will go with absolutely every color I might wish to use in decorating the room! LOL =)  The class I will be teaching tonight, demonstrates taking unglazed tiles, stamping on them and making them durable and usable in whatever element of decor you wish to use, like as a coaster or as a tiled mural.  The photo above is using Close to My Heart stamps which you can see at my online store.


There are so many ways to decorate the tiles. This one is a stamped image on a piece of card stock and transfered to the tile, so it is not a direct stamp to tile. Then I used various markers to complete the look I wanted for this lovely lady. When trying various markers on a scrap piece of prepared tile, I realized that some simply do not work. On this tile, I shaded in areas with pencil...I was very pleased with the results.  It is totally fun!!

Also, check out my new exciting adventure with Close to My Heart...you will love what you see and all that you have to work with. Loving it....

Love, Blessings and {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

0 comments:

Post a Comment