Wednesday, January 13, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

My 1st Mini Scrapbook Album "Beary Day"

I have fallen in love with Mini Scrapbook Albums! Having 29 years worth of photos to scrapbook has made me feel very overwhelmed. So when I started viewing various videos on YouTube, I soaked up various details and learned each and every technique used. On this album, I used many of them, imperfectly, but with practice, I feel confident.  The most important thing I feel about Mini Scrapbook Albums is that I feel the freedom of creativity. Photos I have came to mind as I created each page. Maybe with mini albums, I will get all those photos put into albums. ((Smile))

This is the front cover of the Mini Scrapbook Album titled "Beary Day"!

The Build-a-Bear is from the Stampin' Up! Sizzix Collection. I made the grass & tree trunk by hand, highlighting the tree trunk with Chocolate Chil SU ink.  The tree green is made using Creative Memories cutting system, circle.  I used the SU heart punch to do the hearts with the idea of "Picking Hearts" instead of Picking Apples. =)  I plan to add some bling to the ribbon using beads and a bear charm.

The cover...this album is 5x5 for the most part...the tree is obviously larger.

Pages 1-2

This page is for journaling or to add a photo. I used SU Chocolate Chip ink to highlight the edges of the flower, which has a cute pearl in the middle. I used the Binderie to add the metal record binder at the top. Then I added scrap paper and ribbon to the bottom of the page. I stessed the edges of the scrap paper using sandpaper. The crackle paper is so perfect for this album, but I only had one sheet and not sure where it came from.

Page #3, was so much fun! I have ordered larger letter stickers for future albums, but this worked for this page. "Have a Beary Day!"  The board border is scrap from a coffee collar I got from Starbucks on my last Chai-Latte. =) The butterfly was made from a Sizzix die cut. I layered it and supported each portion with foam raised dots (not sure what the actual name for them are).  The hart diecut at the top, I accented the heart with Crystal Effects twice. It has a shiny raised appearance. Then I added a tag for a photo or journaling.

Pages 3-4 were my last pages to make & were very very creative.  I took Crystal Effects and made several of the insects and butterflies stand out, shiny.  Then I added the window view using white cardstock and raised foam adhesive squares.  Finally, I didn't have fabric onhand so I used toilet tissue paper with flowery design & scalloped the edges. I think I will get a cat diecut or sticker for the window too!

Pages 5-6.

This page was fun too! I made a pocket using a template I got at a card camp, added patterend paper to the front. On that patterned paper I used Crystal Effects on several of the butterflies to make them pop and shine. Then I added tags for accents.

I added tags, as I mentioned, I used a rubber stamp to add the bird, flower, & message then placed a ribbon through a center hole for embellishment. The smaller tag has patterned scrap paper and I used a tag punch to make the little white journaling spot. Bling was added to the smaller tag and the corner of the page. The pocket has small window cut outs at the edges so you can see the paper through the pocket. I thought that was adorable.

This is the backside of the tags. I added a flower stamp to the corner of the green tag. Also, I used an office clip to hold the smaller tag to the page pocket. The ribbon on the smaller tag is attached with a mini safety pin.
Pages 7-8

I took the paper matching the next page as my focal point under the stressed out layered paper. I tore the edges and curled the edges by rolling them up on a pencil. There is a surprise in the middle that has a cute pink flower on top.

Surprise!! Two journaling or photo spots are inside of the little album, 
but...there is more...


I added three more journaling/photo spots to this little album. The first page, to the right, has a cut paw print, to go with the bear theme of this album. I made this tag by putting three strips of double sided tape on my pattern paper, then took emossing clean powder and my Versamark pad, creating a texture element. Then I added my paw die cut to the top and cut it out adding framing to the piece. Totally cute and shiny. The tag is made with torn scraps of paper and a message rub-on. I added clear embossing to it also. Creative, don't you think! =)

Another Build-a-Bear diecut was added here with a cute little outfit that was accented with colorful brads I had leftover from a card project. I added canvas ribbon tto the bottom as a floor background. Then I added a card with a flower brad to make it pop. The gift bag in her hand is a stamp from the Build-a-Bear collection. I used a marker to color in the nose & add stitching to the layout.

Pages 9-10, I think...LOL, losing count...

THis is a pretty simple page, I put a scallop to the edges of the focal paper. Then tore & stressed the edges, rolling them up and adding it to the focal paper. Then I took 3 tags and placed them inside a bright colored ribbon. Cozy...

I actually did these tags in the beginning of this project. I thougth I did very well with my embossing! I added ribbon to the tags. I made the tags with a rubber stamp from Stampology. I added colorful paper to the back of each tag also.

This page was made basically as the one prior. I added a flower accent at the bottom which I added Crystal Effects to so that the little flowers would shine. Then I added a yellow/orange flower to pick up the colors in the tiny accent & the embossed tags on the previous page. Then there is a removable embossed tag with a red ribbon added to it tucked behind the flower...it is removable with patterned paper on the back.

Pages 11-12 are coloring pages. I will add crayons to each page tied with a ribbon. I thought simple...

 
Final pages of the book with cute surprises inside. =)

This page was so much fun. I took the focal paper, matching the next page, and placed it on bottom. Then tore scrap paper for the accent elements. The word "delight" was a cardstock diecut that I added 3 coats of the Crystal Elements to so that it would totally pop and shine! Then the paw print is a repeat process I have already used on this project. Here the embossed portions of it really shine. I like that. =)

The framed paw print folds open to a mini-mini album for photos or add scrap paper for journaling.

Opps...forgot a page in the mini-mini album. =O

Here I added more photo/journaling pages...I stressd the edges of each one too.

I loved making this page. It s a bed, with a blanket on top. I added the raised foam adhesive to the comforter where it is folded down and under the pillow behind the bear with adhesive tape on the edges. It look fluffy.

I didn't show that the bear slides out of the bed. =( However, inside the blanket is a pocket that holds two more tags for journaling or photos. I added ribbon to the edge secured with a tiny safety pin.

Here are the back of each tag. I also used a brown and black marker to highlight the bears features. At the end of a Beary Day, one can rest assured that it has been a fun adventurous day. =)

I added a note to the back that I made this and when. I also added a pocket for one last tag that is covered on both sides with scrap paper. I also added the final paw tag I made throughout this album. I loved the crackel paint paper...I must find more...
I hope you have enjoyed this presentation. Be sure to check my YouTube page, www.youtube.com/RitaHutchesonCobbs for my first video showing this album. =)

Love and Blessings,
Rita and... Have a Beary Day!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Awesome job on your first mini, Congrats! Keep up the great work warning though minis are addicting lol!

Gina said...

What a lovely album, great job for a first mini.
Loved the window pages and the one that looked like aflower page 7 a believe it was, so cute.

Post a Comment