Thursday, January 14, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Making a Little Notebook by Recycling...

Last night, I watched several YouTube tutorials on how to make mini-notebooks. The ones using recycled items really appealed to me. I pulled one of my coffee collars (love that title used these…from the movie “Made of Honor” which is one of my favorite movies). Thinking of Valentine’s Day next month, I picked embellishments with that in mind.


I took the coffee collar and cut it on each side. This was easiest to do since the fold was already there. Then I traced my patterned paper which was scrap from another project and also traced the coffee collar as a template for the paper that will go inside which was on scrap cardstock as well.


Then I used Versamark and stamped the inside of each portion of the coffee collar. Then I added gold embossing to the inside. I had just got my gold embossing powder and thought it would compliment the paper and the cardboard of the coffee collar. I loved the results.


I placed the patterned paper to the front of the coffee collar. Then I used my 3/16 to punch holes on the end. After cutting out by hand each white page going inside, I punched holes in those also.


The flower of pink and off white accented the patterned paper. Also, I added the chipboard “Love” to the front which already had glitter and painted red. Plus, two hearts which I layered. Then on all these elements except the flower, I added Crystal Effects to make them shine and pop. As you can tell, I am addicted to the “pop” and “shine” of any embellishment.



This project took about 30 minutes to do, but I let the Crystal Effects dry completely before I put the mini-notebook together.

Love and; Blessings,
Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment