Sunday, November 11, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Trunk'a Treat with Bible Characters on a Twist...

 Let me start at the beginning! Each year, the church in our community, New Center Baptist, as provided a Trunk'a Treat for those that live in our rural area even before it was a popular thing for people to do. If someone is going tick or treating in our community, that means they are driving house to house, down long driveways at most of those homes. So, the church has provided great alternatives each year and it is wonderful. How does it work? Each vehicle decorates the back some way maybe with a game and hands out candy to those attending. I had decided to make costumes from the Lord of the Rings and purchased fabric, patterns and embellishments for them. Then the church posted, "Hay, let's do Bible Theme cars this time!" What? No....Oh well, I am flexible, so, I came up with Bible characters to go with the costumes I planned to make lol, yes I did...Meet, Jezebel...that indeed is a Bible character...

I had the nails professionally done on Halloween afternoon. People that have these, really want them lol. However, I did get my contacts in with my knuckles and braided Madison's hair as well as got my makeup on the next morning to go get the NAILS cut down lol! It can be done! 

New Center Baptist Church, Hartselle, Alabama...setting up...

Meet Elisha, the bald headed prophet! aka Jerry!

I made the costume and it was so much fun!!
It is made from linen and broadcloth

I made this dress from polyester because I was afraid anything else would be too hot...Our game was a bean bag toss to knock Jezebel off her wall so the dogs could eat her. Then Garrett, the AL coach, lol, totally Biblical for him, gave them candy for doing so. It was totally a fun game. One little boy, about 3-4 years old, made 2/3 of the holes!!

LOVE love love the sleeves in the dress...
I made this dress using Simplicity Pattern #4940
except I changed the collar on this one and the back has a bit of opening and
 I have a charm that matches the earrings hanging down from the clasp...

Ethan went as a farmer...ok, maybe not so old Bible theme but he took 
Annie, the Cashmere Goat...
she was the hit of the whole thing!!

Garrett and me sharing a special moment at the supper provided by the church...

The chili/stew supper...a great way to connect to our community...

I added pastel chalk to my hair in pinks and purples...

Then I added scrapbooking bling to my face...
I did pack on the Mary Kay makeup lol...
I wanted to look the part of Jezebel...

The holiday was such fun. Dressing up and creating a safe place for the community to experience the holiday is a good thing. I loved making the outfits too.

Hugs, Rita


0 comments:

Post a Comment