Wednesday, August 8, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Time for Fiber Filled Essence...

 Fiber is one of the first mediums I learned to work with in the world of artistic creativity. The feel of various fibers just sets my heart beating faster and faster and excites the inspiration down deep in my soul that I can't begin to explain or even demonstrate in my work. I won't even try. Although I love other mediums, paper being one and beading another, I can't work with those as caregiver with my family members nor in the area I have to work in at the moment. Plus fiber can go anywhere and be worked on at anytime. Like right now!! While waiting for my photos to load for this post, I got several stitches done on my next project! I love that...This is one of several washcloths I made for one of our bathrooms I am doing in black and decorating in lighthouses and sailboats. I used 100% cotton fiber for these too. I love the feel of these and they last absolutely for years.

A tip that I love love love when using fiber for crochet or knitting is to get these sweet clasps or use a bread tie or paper clip to hold your stitch when you walk away from your project or drop it in your bag. It is wonderful to not have to repeat stitches that may have been pulled or fallen out. Also, I put each project while it is in the beginning stages in large ziplock plastic bags so that I keep them clean and the needles and fiber together. Obviously have I have more than one fiber project going at once, lol, I have four in my bag right now at my feet...two ponchos, washcloth like the one above, and a scarf plus a book of possibilities all together. =) I love to keep something going...I think there is a cross-stitch project in there too. loving it...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment