Tuesday, August 7, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Creativity my own way...in the latest mother/daughter crochet poncho...

 Imagine with me, if you will, for a moment. A mom and young daughter just learning to walk as they stroll through the fall leaves on a country hillside on a beautiful autumn day wearing blue jeans and white long sleeve white cotton t-shirts and matching crochet multi-colored sweet blue ponchos! That is what I was visioning while making this poncho set...

 I did vary the pattern from the past ponchos I have made. The trim on some have had the scallop edging, some have had the chained trim, but this one, I added a couple of rows of a solid fiber and then the scallop edging.

 I also made both ponchos longer than the others I have made making the adjusted sizes more flowing and should a twirl happen...it will make a memory for both mother and daughter that much sweeter. =)

I don't know why, but creativity my own way is something that just happens. Patterns and instructions have always been simply suggestions, nothing more. Even in school, my teachers would get so upset that I couldn't seem to follow their directions. We are individuals right? Why should everyone do the same thing? However, they didn't see it that way lol. Oh well...I can express myself in my art...and now, the finished project...the moment you have all been waiting for...or at least me...

The poncho, ready to fly like a butterfly to a home...
Thought that was creativity at it's best...
Creativity in photography as a butterfly...
In my own way...
Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment