Wednesday, November 3, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycling a Children's Book into a Vintage Mini Album

This mini album was so much fun to make! Of course, anytime I can recycle materials I am in my comfort zone. There are a lot of new materials especially from Close to My Heart. The colors are magnificent and represent the fall and coming holidays well. 


The base for this mini album is a children's book that was missing elements so I took it apart and recreated it into this lovely mini album. It is a gift for a church minister and his family to show our appreciation for what they have meant to our entire family. I wanted some really vintage detailed elements to the book, but since I didn't know if his wife scrapbooked, I kept the inside fairly simple with photo/journaling spots, simple mini albums within and cute tags. The colors were fall earth tones with turquoise as the main color theme.  Surprisingly the additional frame on the front cover wasn't heavy nor did it take away from the rest of the album. The detailed video of each page can be found on my youtube channel.

Continue to find ways to recycle, reuse, and recreate. It is amazing to see something to damaged turn into something amazingly beautiful.

Love, Blessings & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment