Sunday, March 14, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

TSB March 2010 Crop Challenge Entries

Welcome to the TSB 80s Theme Crop Party...
The ultimate online cropping event with the following challenges...

Rainbow Bright using primary colors red, orange, green, blue, violet with white, grey, & black...
This layout contains one of my favorite elements of nature, butterflies, and several elements of embellishments. The border is three strips in white, grey, and black with a flower punch runner on the inside using a Martha Stewart punch. Then I took the letter b in chipboard and added hearts from the sizzix butterfly diecut to line the letter. The butterflies are from the same diecut, Glimmer Misted with Marshmallow. The red of the challenge is in the paper along with green and violet. Then I finished the design with bling and brushing the butterflies and the letter with Mod Podge Gloss-Lustre. The brightness of this design just made me smile. =)

Stamp with Bleach

This was indeed a challenge for me since I am highly allergic to bleach. I wanted to add a photo for Kathryn, our host who is totally the most. LOL. However, my husband offered to help since he was more concerned with a trip to the hospital. =)  In this layout, I took the green cardstock and stamped bleach image and run it through the Big Shot using the Top Note Diecut. Then I attached it to the yellow paper and used the flower punch from Martha Stewart then added an envelope to the back, creating a pocket. The tag is double sided and distressed with Tim Hotlz Walnut Stain and fibers added to the end. The feather and the silver buttons add a completed touch to this page. Also, I Glimmer Misted the backgroun paper with Graphite.

Transformers

I loved making this page the most I think of all the challenges. I took the grey background and glimmer misted it with Graphite and then used the Medallion stamp from Stampin Up and black embossing powder to create the design. Then I made a pocket using a black piece of cardstock with a gold embossed Medallion stamped on the edge. The tags were made with the same papers and topped with a crown diecut to each side attached with a glue dot. Then I topped off the page with both silver/gold bling. This page totally pops!! =)

About Eating

All I could think about was the macaroni & cheese paper I have had forever! I don't remember where or when I bought it but knowing that my sons loved Rachel Ray's recipe for homemade macaroni cheese! I first placed the imaged paper on the bottom then added the black trimmed border, again, using the Martha Stewart flower punch, at the top and bottom of the page. The black bird, leaves, and swirls are images on top of a acetate page that I secured to the mini page with fibers that I ran on the side and secured to the back. This was stepping outside the box for me even though it is a simple page. I loved the results.

Using Crumpled/Scrunchy Paper

All I could think of was flowers and then I drifted to thinking of how forward I am looking to the spring time of the year which led to thoughts of gardening. =) Therefore, I picked the theme Seed, for by this we are creating through nature our complete existence in this life's path.

Pretty in Pink

OMGosh...I totally love pink, but...whew wee, this was enough to put me over the edge. ((Just kidding))  I got the ribbon diecut from Sizzix while it was on their clearance list so that I could make ribbons in purple for seizure awareness since we have two sons with seizures. However, it came as a set with a large ribbon diecut and a small diecut then an embossing templet too. I used them on this page. I have no idea where I got this large flower but it fit perfectly for this page. I took the green leaf off and used it on the "Seed" layout since I could only use pink for this challenge. I added a ribbon emblishment and a pink paper clip to the page as well. This was so much fun!!

I really enjoy the monthly crops with TSB and Kathryn. It is a respite from my busy life of being a wife, mother and caregiver. God blessed the day this group came into my life and I have explored and created elements that fit my personality and certainly push me out of my comfort zone and creative box. I love that the most and I see that I am a stronger artist as a result.

Love, Blessings, and {{{Hugs}}},
Rita

3 comments:

Penny said...

rita, you are an amazing artist.

Jill W. said...

Rita, you are amazing!! I am so inspired and I'm totally scrap lifting the mc & cheese idea because I too have that paper and have no idea where I got it or why!!! (my son loved kraft mc & cheese)
I am so missing the "old school" green butterfly die cuts from sizzix!! I may have to send you some paper and chip board and beg that you cut me some!! I ♥ 'em and miss 'em. Our scrap place closed that had them and they were my fav's.
I'm so glad that your dh helped you with the bleach issue, I was concerned. Did you try the hydrogen peroxide?? I'm curious to see if that works, I may have to give it a go this week. (I'm glad you aren't in the hospital)
I love all the things you put together for this months challenge.
Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the explanation of your processes.
Have a great week!
~Jill

peata said...

love this mini.
scrapbook-crazy.com

Post a Comment