Saturday, November 21, 2009 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recipe: Crab Cakes











I love seafood of every kind. My sons, Garrett and Joel, and I loved these crab cakes. I served warm tarter sauce with these. They were not greasy at all and browned nicely in the skillet. This recipe made 12 cakes.

Crab Cakes  
~ From the kitchen of Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

2 C fresh crab meat, finely chopped
1 C Italian bread crumbs
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/4 C minced onion (I use the dried minced onion)
1/4 C Kraft Real Mayo with Olive Oil
1 T lemon juice
1/2 t minced garlic
4 drops Hot Choleua Sauce
1 T butter

1. In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, bread crumbs, egg, onion, mayo, lemon juice, garlic, & hot sauce, mix well.
2. Make 12 balls of this mixture, roll in some Italian bread crumbs, & flatten to make a cake.
3. In a large skillet (I use a Pampered Chef non-stick skillet) melt the butter.
4. Cook the crab cakes until slightly brown on one side, flip them over & brown the other side.
5. Remove from the skillet onto papertowels to drain.
6. Serve hot and with warmed tarter sauce (I put the tarter sauce on the stove to warm while I made the crab cakes.

Love, blessings, and enjoy,
RHC

0 comments:

Post a Comment