Tuesday, May 11, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

My first painting...

This is my first ever painting!  I am so very pleased with the results. When my friend and awesome painter, Jessica Lloyd Hales, sent out an invite to attend a painting class, I thougth why not...so I went. It was so much fun! I have never done this type of painting and completely fell in love with this medium. It was relaxing as well as inspiring. With each brush stroke, I thought of ways to add paint into my work.

Jessica walked us through this simple outline. It was drawing lines using our brushes in our paints. Obviously I got a few of my lines wrong and marked off or painted over later. Did you notice the picture was upside down?  We didn't until she told us to turn the line drawing the other direction and we saw this...

I was completely breathless as I looked at this technique from a different angle. Only to later see what my hands could create with primary colors and mixing them together. This was really a fun class.

Just how we take the opportunity to learn something new, I feel that God has done that with me. My canvas was empty, plain, white and with various colors, I painted a scene of peace, hope, creativity and love. That is what my life demonstrates completely.

If what you do in this life doesn't bring you joy, happiness and peace beyond your understanding, then maybe you need to search your soul to find what gets you out of bed in the morning, puts a smile on your face and is all you can thinking about all day long. I am so thankful that my little family and my husband support my creative nature and my wild shabby chic personality. My life has been forever changed because of art.

Love, Blessings, and {{{Hugs}}},
Rita

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rita this is beautiful!! What paints did you use to do this? Please let me know! Ive been wanting to paint for a long time but dont want to invest in something if its not the right thing lol im clueless about all that stuff!! Thanks so much, Brandy

Unknown said...

Rita, that is a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing with us my friend! :D

Tracy said...

Art is a passion in my life also. I think about creating every second. I too came from not the best childhood, so reading and creating was my escape.
Thank you for sharing this with us all.

Post a Comment