Thursday, April 26, 2018 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Loving your neighbor...

You are a good neighbor! How can you be a better neighbor? Be a grateful neighbor? Show gratitude to your neighbor, which I may need help with? Loving no your neighbor is something I posted and want to share with you here...

I have to share! I can't hold it in!
We have new neighbors and got to meet the sweet family of four today. Our hearts are both rejoicing for their new adventure but missing the former. We knew long ago this day would come for their growing dreams needed more room. They are still part of our lives and that just makes this story better.

When I got my house two-yrs-ago, I did so, then took time moving my family. I was meeting a couple across the street one afternoon, when I glanced across the street at my house and noticed this young man edging his drive, came down the street curb and kept going up my drive. It was then I realized he had mowed my grass too! I had not yet made it to my house in this meet and greet. I ran over, met him and was overjoyed, offering to pay him as, in my head, sorting through my single mom budget. I was new to doing all this on my own too. For two-yrs since, he has refused to take money. So I tried to bake for them or something but I never was able to repay this deed he did for me and the times he came to my aid for other things I couldn't possibly list esp that first year.

They bought and moved into their new home last week, returning Monday to not only mow the lawn of his former residence, but...mine too! I asked him in a text, to recommend someone because I trusted him. I knew he was busy so I thought I would get back with him later.

Today, when we got home from golf practice with Special Olympics, dirty and sweaty, I saw different cars at the house and went to say hi, welcome them and give them our phone number, etc. The dad was immediate saying, "Oh, hi, Ms Rita...btw don't worry about the yard, I will take care of it!"

I teared up! Seriously, in awe of not only being cherished and loved by the former neighbors but the extent of them selling their home and telling them, guess what goes with the house? Lol maybe not quit that way, but them already knowing about Garrett, which they did, and then me, goes beyond the "Love thy neighbor" even as thyself and the least of these.

I came home and took my little family knees bent in prayer, thanking God for what we have in family designed by Him. My heart is so full of gratitude and thankfulness for how He has poured out His love within His grace and mercy outside of myself, our four walls and into our community.

May I be an example of gratitude. Thank you to my neighbors, all of them, my family. I am thankful and we are all blessed. God is always good and we are always loved. To Him be all the glory and praise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment