Saturday, April 11, 2015 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Rita's Iron Skillet Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe...Add the vanilla ice cream please!


Have you ever come home on a Friday afternoon, got a few chores done and then thought, "Something warm and a bit chocolaty would be every so good!" Well, I looked in the pantry and saw three bananas and some rice flour that would be perfect to make some delicious banana bread. Using my iron skillet collection that came from my mother and her mother is my favorite items to use, so here is the recipe.

Rita's Iron Skillet Gluten Free Banana Bread

Cooking Spray (flour free)
2/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute
2/3 cup butter, melted or apple sauce
3 eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed well
1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
1 teaspoon real vanilla
2 1/4 cups gluten free rice flour
1/4 brown sugar blend
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coffee, prepared 
1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray iron skillet generously with cooking spray. Put all ingredients into an electric mixer and mix together well. Pour into iron skillet and bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean. I put chips on one side because believe it or not, not everyone in my home likes chocolate. However, for those curious why I don't add nuts, I am allergic, but also they are high in fat, good or bad for you, I don't want the calories...I would rather have the chocolate calories lol!

Enjoy!
Hugs, Rita


0 comments:

Post a Comment