Sunday, September 22, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Totally Rockin' Awesome Chicken Salad!! NO Mayo!!! What's My Secret? Read on...

 One of our favorite things to eat regardless of the time of year is chicken salad! We love it alone, with a side of fresh fruit, on top of a mixed bed of green fresh crisp lettuce, with gluten-free seeded blackened crackers or with soup...I know, crazy, but I make rich and creamy cucumber soup that is delicious cold or hot that goes great with this salad...sharing the recipe later...but for now...My NEW revised chicken salad recipe...

Rita's Rockin' Awesome Chicken NO Mayo Chicken Salad

6 baked boneless chicken breasts (I bbq mine in the crockpot)
2 cups of halved green grapes
1 cup fresh diced pineapple
1 cup of fat-free cottage cheese
1 8 oz package of fat-free cream cheese
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds (I am allergic to nuts so I use these)
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
fresh ground black pepper

Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
Pull all the chicken with a fork or dice it, whichever you want your salad to be.
Then mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Pepper to taste.
Serve with whatever you enjoy...
Delicious...AND fat-free!!!
This recipe feeds my 6 and then I make 4 more plates for the fridge...
Anytime a recipe calls for mayo, try fat free cottage cheese and see how it works for you...
I use it in tuna salad and egg salad too!!!
Cuts the calories and the fat...love it...
Enjoy... 
Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment