Thursday, September 8, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Decorated Guy Friendly Composition Notebook...

This week, I redecorated this composition notebook via our live show! It is such fun to take something simple and make it into a rockin' awesome WOW project! I made this for my son, Ethan, who needed a place for us to put all his homeschooling assignments for the coming year. This was the perfect solution as was this paper collection from DCWV The Guy Stack, since Ethan wasn't to be a chef...

 I used Tim Hotlz Sizzix's die The Hanging Sign and embossed it with garnet powder then hung it with fishing lures and brads. On Ethan's, as you will see shortly, I added his name and grade...even though I had to change the grade from 10th to the 11th, OMGosh, Yes!! Personalizing these treasures makes them even better gifts...imagine the "oh's" and "ah's" this holiday season if you gave these to all your friends and family memebers!! (I want to see your photos please...so tag me on flickr!!)

 On the inside cover, I added a pocket using an envelope and then placed two different sized tags inside...

 The tags are made using the same paper as the cover, both inside and out, back and front. They are made double sided, using shipping tag templates. I am cheap...I trace the tags I have and cut them out of the paper...ok, maybe not cheap, just resourceful...=)
 Again, another envelope on the back with slots for tags...A calendar, list of books read, credits, etc can be kept on the tags. Also, music lessons or other activities can be kept neat and tidy...

 Lots of space to work with in this $.40 notebook. Last year they were only $.20 each but still, a great price for an inexpensive gift. Last Christmas, I gave one decorated in a vintage style at a Dirty Santa Party. The person that won it said that she was going to use it as a guest book in her home! I thought, "wow, how creative is that!"

 The back is completely covered as well but could easily house additional pockets for tags or a calendar.


 This is the one I finished for Ethan! =) I did change the grade and I used rub-ons for the "th" just above the numbers. I really was pleased with how this turned out...it will be functional as well as guy friendly to carry and use.

Tons of Hugs,
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

1 comments:

Becky said...

How fun this little notebook is! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Post a Comment