Friday, September 14, 2018 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

The Dragonfly and the Long Golf Shot...

It doesn't take much to make my heart happy, but to watch my son, Garrett, participate in Special Olympics just makes me beyond grateful and excited. Golf is one of the sports he loves and does well playing. This past Wednesday, he hit 145yards, then his coach and partner, Mark English, hit the ball with Garrett putting the ball right into the hole (The orange ball is another teammate's). He got a three on that hole! I was praising God on the course! So much for the quiet code on the course lol.  I was so happy for the whole team for doing well. 

It was leaving hole three that I noticed a dragonfly. As I walked the course, it was flying around me. I stopped, teasing it to see if it would move away, but it didn't. I have photograph after photograph of the dragonfly landing when I stopped and flying in swirls as I walked. If I sped up, the dragonfly sped up; if I slowed down, he slowed down. It was hole eight, I didn't see him anymore.

The dragonfly made me think of my walk of faith. I have opportunities to praise, encourage and disciple those around me and afar. Then in my own personal walk with God, I have to be encouraged, discipled and that is the job of the Holy Spirit. Just like that dragonfly, He came when I trusted Christ and put all my faith in Him, to teach me, lead me and surround me. When I stop, He is there; when I run; He is there to convict and bring me back to center; when I walk, He is there to go beside me and sometimes pave the way over the spots I may need help with. I am never alone when it comes to the Trinity of the Father, the son and the Holy Spirit. As a believer, I am so thankful.

This hope we have in faith is one that we can find in creation so when you are feeling discourage or, encouraged, look out in front of you or out the window, He is there. "In the beginning, He created..." a world for us to see, to be loved and to be real. What is your surrounded hope? Him. It is there even when you think it is hidden, it could be found in something as small as a dragonfly.

Soar in the Hope of faith, Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment