Sunday, July 11, 2010 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

The CrockPot Sisters are Serving BBQ Chicken & Veggies...

It is once again, time for a great recipe from The CrockPot Sisters living in my kitchen!  Now if you have read anything about me, you know I feed 6 people at my kitchen table everyday. So this is one recipe that proved to not only feed a family for one day, but carried over to the next. A great recipe for the weekend!!

BBQ Chicken in the Crockpot with Corn in one and Green Beans in another...

5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken (I use a bag from Schwans.com, tell them I sent you)
2 1/2 cups of brown sugar bbq sauce, any brand

Put the chicken breasts frozen in a cold 6 quart crockpot. Pour all of the bbq sauce over the chicken. Turn the crockpot on warm, let cook for 9 hours. Remove chicken from crockpot and thinly slice each chicken breast and put them back into the crockpot to cook 1 more hour, stirring twice during this time. Add corn, green beans for a great meal. Oh one more thing...

We had this last night, Saturday, for supper. Thursday night, I boiled potatoes in the 2.5 buffet crockpot, drained when cooked, drained the potatoes and put in the fridge...then made potato salad to add to the BBQ Chicken sandwiches...time saving and wonderful....

Love, Blessings, and {{{Hugs}}},
RHC

0 comments:

Post a Comment